44 Days Honoring Black History: "Telling Our Own Stories"
This SMC Library Research Guide is a collection of resources related to Black History. The Research Guide has been created to accompany the SMC Black Lives Matter Subcommittee's 2021 44 Days: Honoring Black History.
The College Archives is a part of the St. Mary’s College Library and serves as the final repository for the historical records of St. Mary’s College of California. Selection for additions to the College Archives, including gifts, will be based on collecting priorities and scope regarding donations and gifts:
- Donations must be accompanied by a legal transfer of title, a deed of gift, or other official acknowledgment.
- Materials on loan or deposit are only accepted for extraordinary reasons.
- No appraisals of donations will be made by the College Archives. Donors desiring an appraisal will be provided names of qualified appraisers.
- Collections closed to public access in perpetuity will not be accepted.
- Any materials within the collection may be deaccessioned, subject to the terms of acquisition.
- In the interest of cooperation among archival repositories, materials that fall outside the purview of the College Archives will be referred to an appropriate repository.
- When possible, a new collection will be considered for digitization, in whole or part, for inclusion in an online repository.
The College Archives does not accept textbooks and yearbooks, material related to the current business and operations of Saint Mary’s College of California Museum of Art, the Lasallian Christian Brothers, the Diocese of Oakland, the Archdiocese of San Francisco, and the community of Moraga.